Isn’t that how the song goes? Or was it about brown paper kettles? Sometimes I get the lyrics to songs all jumbled up. Well, whatever the words are, I really enjoy the iconic song My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music. I’ve learned there is so much of life is about simple pleasures. The way the sunlight hits dew on the grass on some mornings. Waking to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and cooking bacon. Things like that. The same applies to Second Life, of course and I thought I would take a moment to share just a few of my favorite things in my digital life. I’ve decided to keep *my* list experiential, but it could just as easily include technical items. Here are a few of my favorite things!
- The ding ding of a new IM
- Hugging animations
- When I don’t have to adjust the prim attachments on a new piece of clothing
- Randomly meeting an interesting new person – especially someone I wouldn’t likely have met in RL
- Connecting and sharing with people I love
- When someone says “Welcome back!” when I’ve been AFK
- Stumbling onto an unexpected and amazing build
My list could go on, really. So, what is it for you, dear reader, what are some of your favorite things in Second Life?